Vlog #10 Bible in a Nutshell Pt. 3 What is Blood Sacrifice?
Old Testament examples of blood sacrifice:
1. Abrahamic Covenant - Blood sacrifice was a vital part in establishing the covenant.
2. Passover - Sacrificed blood shows God who belongs to Him.
3. Temple sacrifices - Atoned for sin. Sacrificed blood acted as a barrier between Holy God and sinful man, so we can reside together.
New Testament; Jesus's sacrificed blood...
1. Established a New Covenant.
2. Shows God who belongs to Him.
3. Atoned for our sins.
4. Acts as a barrier between Holy God and sinful man, so we can reside together.
Analogy of OT relationship between God and man is like a CABLE, whereas NT relationship is like WIRELESS.